Requirements for Volunteers in all Apostolates (Ministries):
The Diocese of Fall River has established the Office of Safe Environment which is located at the Chancery. All new employees and volunteers who work with or have access to children in any capacity in the Diocese of Fall River are required to have a CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) background check, complete a Safe Environment Training on-line through CMG Connect and provide a valid Driver’s License or passport.
The vitality of our church community is greatly supported by the level of parishioner involvement. In order to keep a safe environment for all parishioners, all individuals having contact with children through volunteering at the church or in a leader/chaperone capacity at any church outing, must complete the CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) process mandated by the Fall River Diocese. Please note all the requirements for the process below.
The following requirements must be met by all VOLUNTEERS in all APOSTOLATES before you will be allowed to volunteer at the church or chaperone any church outings:
- Please print and fill out the following formto start the process: CORI Form
a) Please don’t scan and send your forms. We must have a paper copy of the required CORI form with an original, not photocopied, signature.
b) Please be sure to list your address information for the last ten years.
- Please be sure to also provide aclear photocopy of your government ID (usually a driver’s license) when you turn in the completed CORI form to the church.
- We cannot send your form for processing by the diocese unless you have completed the NEW Safe Environment Trainingon-line.
a) Click here for the Safe Environment Training instructions flyer
b) Click here to be taken to the training site: https://fallriver.cmgconnect.org/
- Please print or email the certificate that is generated for you at the end of the training and submit with your completed forms for processing. Training is valid for 6 years.
- Please note: You will e-sign a copy of the current Diocesan Code of Conductwhen you do the online training. When the revised version is released, we may need you to sign a hard copy at a later date.
Volunteers who have already completed the online Safe Environment Training through CMG Connect will only be required to annually submit a CORI FORM and brand new Diocesan Code of Conduct signature page, linked here.
Please drop off forms in person in the church office.
The linked forms above will be available in hard copy in the church office.
ALL adult volunteers MUST complete and be current on all the necessary forms, background check, online trainings, as well as present the proper certificates (if completing the online training) to the church in order to volunteer in an apostolate(ministry). Don’t miss out on an opportunity to take part in these events because you are not current…act now!
Feel free to call Mrs. Hammarquist @ 508-995-7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. Thank you for your cooperation!